Earlier this week, this author had the pleasure of delivering a JDA Software sponsored webcast titled: Supply Chain Segmentation- The Key to More Predictable and Profitable Business Outcomes. We have since received positive feedback regarding the content.
- Industry supply chains increasingly cannot support one-size fits-all supply chain fulfillment
- Supply chain segmentation continues to garner increased interest and multi-industry deployment
- This is a transformative level strategy and needs to be approached in this context
- Advanced technology is an ever more important key enabler
- Consider more predictive and prescriptive planning capabilities within your strategy framework
In the one-hour webinar, I provide grounding perspectives for today’s industry and business environments, convergence of technology trends, as well as insights on analytics focused strategies. I further provide a more succinct definition of supply chain segmentation and address the various process components to this strategy.
Among the key takeaways for supply chain segmentation teams were:
- Segmentation strategy has to be grounded in detailed analysis and intelligent on the entire value-chain.
- Consider the need for the process to be oriented toward externally focused, predictive and responsive capabilities focused on expected business outcomes in contribution margin, service levels and other key metrics as well as the velocity, clarity and context of information needed for more timely decision making.
- Focus on smarter data strategies when considering analytics in this process.
- Do not neglect the all-important skills impact that segmentation requires.
There is certainly much more and JDA Software has graciously made this webcast available on-demand, for viewing at your convenience. The webcast is available by accessing this web link and providing some basic registration information.
If your organization is considering a supply chain segmentation strategy or if your current efforts in this area are in need of a re-look, I believe you will gain some insightful learning within the webcast.
Bob Ferrari, Founder and Executive Editor
Disclosure: JDA Software is one of other sponsors of the Supply Chain Matters blog.